Thursday, August 9, 2012

Welcome to PhD school

So... some of my friends back in Mankato decided it would be a neat idea to blog every day while in grad school. This isn't a new idea to me... another of my friends tried to get me to do the same thing once before, and it was an epic fail. However... for some reason, I feel motivated to try for real this time. Hence, the blog: My Life as a Doc Student. Consider this post 1.

I'll be starting the PhD program in Communication Studies at Ohio University this fall. It's kind of a big deal for me, because it represents beginnings and endings. Beginnings in that this is kind of the first real step toward securing the career I want. Also, for some reason I feel more pride and ownership of this accomplishment. Getting into an MA program was easy... but I really didn't think I was good enough to get where I am today. I won't doubt this anymore... but it was a big to-do when I got my acceptance. As for endings, well... let's just say I'm REALLY excited to be done with school. :) Only four more years, and I'll finally get to do what I was meant to do (I think): teach.

As for this blog, the idea is to write something every day. Doesn't have to be significant; to quote my friend:
The entries can be short as one word. A drawing. A scribble. About absolutely anything going on in your life. Whether it is related to grad school/teaching or whatever.

The only requirements are that you do something everyday and include the date and time of entry. 
So... my only goal is to actually get on here and post something every day. Day 1 is a success... let's see how the rest works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment