***
Remember that time I used to be able to process alcohol through my system at a respectable rate? Yeah... pretty sure that was back when I was an undergrad. I don't really remember how many drinks I had last night during that whole awful-date-turned-fun-hangout-with-new-friend escapade, but I didn't think I had that many. Turns out, I should have just taken my self-prescribed hangover medication (3 ibuprofen tabs + 1 glass of water) instead of just assuming I'd be fine.
My head hurt me until 2:30 this afternoon... which sounds less severe once you find out that I slept unitl 12:30. :P I didn't have much reason to get out of bed, and I figured today was one of the last chances I had to sleep in before my life took over again, so I took the opportunity. Once my nausea subsided enough for me to choke down some ibuprofen and some chicken nuggets (my new favorite hangover food, by the way), though, I felt pretty good. There's nothing some fake chicken and Vampire Diaries won't cure!
I think there are some really important lessons to be learned through all this. 1) ALWAYS take the hangover prescription (unless you have some medical reason not to take ibuprofen... that could be bad). 2) Don't give your liver a break. EVER. It will just give you the middle finger when you need it to work again.
I'm glad I figured this out now, though. It means that I need to regularly exercise my organs to make sure that when I DO need a night with some friendly spirits, I don't pay for it too dearly the next day. :) Lesson #1 of doc school.
No comments:
Post a Comment