Sunday, August 19, 2012

Friendship Is Best Served With Lots Of Booze

So... it looks like I forgot to jump on here for a couple days. I'm not going to try to remember 4 days worth of blog material... so this is the best I can do. This is what I would have wrote yesterday (Saturday, August 18th).

***

Today was a great day. Being Saturday, I allowed myself to sleep in... which meant Pickles (my kitty) and I didn't get out of bed until 12:30 this afternoon.

My life is SO hard. :P

I made some lunch (I don't think I'll ever get sick of venison summer sausage sandwiches!), and then drove into town to swap out my smart phone for another smart phone. Here's the backstory:

I had ordered an HTC Rhyme through Verizon online for a number of reasons: 1) the phone I had was over 3 years old and a piece of crap; 2) I got no service in my apartment with said piece-of-crap phone; 3) I am already paying for a data plan in order to get wireless internets for my computer, so I might as well have a phone that can share the same data plan; and 4) I really wanted a smart phone to be able to check my calendar everywhere I am. Anywho... so this phone that I got was AH-MAY-ZING! I loved everything about it... except that I still couldn't get reception in my apartment... which was the biggest reason I upgraded in the first place. I went to the Verizon store in town and asked about it, and apparently HTC is known for getting the worst reception. Too bad the online reviews didn't mention that. So today I went in to upgrade (again) to the iPhone. I didn't think I'd like it, but I love it. The system is simpler than android, but does everything that I need it to... so I'm pleased. Plus, I can talk on the phone upstairs and not get cut off! The basement is a different story... but beggers can't be choosers in Athens, OH.

Sorry for the phone rant. Anywho... after taking care of that, I met up with some of my cohort (classmates) at Casa Nueva (which I love). One of our faculty members and a 4th year doc student play in a local band, and they were performing at Casa tonight, so I figured it would be a fun way to unwind from a week of orientation and still get involved with the department. I was right. :) It was fun.

Afterwards, Andrea (classmate) and I went to Val's (classmate) house just to hang out... and I was immediately jealous of her place. It was gorgeous! A beautiful 2-story, 2-bedroom, 2.5-bath house with a 1-car garage and stellar features. Now I just need to find a roommate to split the $1000 rent bill, and I know where I want to live next year! Once we got there, we had some drinks, munched a little, and pretty much just gossipped about our lives and attractive celebrities. Then we went home.

Moral of the story: friendship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment