I think this might be the first (or one of the first) times I've posted a blog about the current day. Hooray!
Today was just another day of orientation. Panels, discussion, questions, etc. My Outlook crapped out on me again, but I think I fixed it for good this time. Cross your fingers.
In other news, we went out to this place called Jackie O's. It's a pub/brewery place about a block from my office, and it's becoming my favorite place to go out. For one thing, they have deep-fried pickles. So good. Also... Val and I were each able to get 2 long islands for $7. :) It's good to know that I'll be able to exercise my liver without going bankrupt here!
A few of us went to Jackie O's for Val's birthday tonight, which was fun. It's been kinda interesting to see how we all seem to click and socialize so easily after having been together for such a short amount of time. I always hate having to meet new people and figure out how they interact and how I'm supposed to navigate conversations with them, but I think this group has been the easiest to do that with. :) It's kind of wonderful, because so far I feel like I haven't had to try too hard here. I'm sure that will change very quickly... but for now it's nice to be able to just kinda fit in to a place and group without it being too taxing.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment